Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I dont hate Mac's

No really I dont. the Mac is a great computer, powerful, stable. It's getting a larger software base, and by and large is becoming more popular.

What I hate are douchebag pretentious apple users.

Just so we're clear, i'm not saying all Mac users are douchebags, pretentious, etc. Some people buy Mac's for very valid reasons. As a multi media system (photoshop, video editing, etc) they actually are superior (hardware architecture from what i'm told is what the Mac has to thank for this).

The people I do have problems with are the ones that always say the following:
"Mac's never crash, unlike windows!"
- My Windows 7 machine has crashed once or twice since I got it

"Mac's can do anything a PC can do!"
- If you actually believe this you're either stupid or uninformed. Macs have less utility than a PC. This is become less and less the case recently as Mac has realized this and they're trying to remedy it.

"Mac users have a culture!"
- You're NOT ALLOWED to make fun of a person that plays World of Warcraft, only to turn around and join in your online Mac culture. And finally my favorite.

"Mac's aren't as over priced as you think."
- This one makes me want to pull my hair out. So what did I do? I did a price comparison right now. I used the http://www.apple.ca/ store, and I used http://www.memoryexpress.com/ to compare. This is what I came to.
*note* i used exact matches where possible. When I couldn't get an exact match I put down a decent equivalent. I did not cheap out, and I did not use sale prices when pricing out the PC. (feel free to do the same and see for yourself if you dont believe my numbers).

iMac - 27"
2.93GHz Quadcore i7 (only available on the 27", you can't get this on the 21.5" version)
2TB hard drive
8Gb 1333MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon 5750 1Gig (only option available)
CD-DVD drive/Keyboard/mouse (wireless)

PC
2.93GHz Quadcore i7
Asus P7P55 LX motherboard
2TB hard drive from seagate
8Gb 1333Mhz DDR3 Corsair
ATI Radeon 5750 1Gig
700W Gaming Power Supply
Cool Master Storm Scout Case (GOOD case)
CD-DVD drive/Keyboard/mouse (wireless)
Windows 7 OEM
Monitor - 27"



The Final Tally:
iMac - $2909.00
PC - $1554.89


The equivalent iMac is $1364.11 more expensive than the PC. I dont even have words for this.

I also like that the CHEAPEST iMac is $1299. The cheapest PC build I could make you is like... probably around $500. And if you're like 80% of people that just use their computer for e-mail, facebook and youtube, that's really all you need.

In the end here's my point.
A Mac is a computer. Dont lie, talk shit, and kid yourself trying to make yourself feel better about your purchase. If you bought it because you want to do video editing, fine. If you're a photoshop guru, giver. Not smart enough to know how to use a PC, hold your head proud in the fact that you're man enough to admit when you simply dont know. Hell, some people just like Mac's better. NOTHING wrong with ANY of these reasons.
To end this Blog post... there's a running joke that explains very well why PC users hate Mac users.

What the different between a Mac user and a PC user.
A PC user can go 5 minutes without talking about his fucking computer.

2 comments: